Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Promises, promises

I am such a slacker on blogging lately that I can't even stand the sight of myself in the mirror.

However - I experienced a life-altering event last night on Party Poker. (Ok, ok, not really life-altering, but cool nonetheless.)

I placed 27th in the $30,000 guaranteed tourney, which was actually $40,000 when all was said and done. You would think, with a prize pool of $40,000...

Wait....wait...sound check....

I said FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS -

everyone get that? FORTY. THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

(27th place out of 2000 entrants)

...that 27th place would pay more than $212.00.

Alas, no.

I am not complaining though. Really. 27th out of 2000 is more than I would pray for in any tournament. I will update tomorrow - but right now I really need to crash! Thanks must go out to Pauly though, as he sweated me throughout the entire 4 1/2 hour event!!