Wednesday, March 30, 2005

WPBT Tourney Results

Another great tournament - I wish we had these every couple of weeks.

I am going to summarize tomorrow, but I would like to add a bit of a disclaimer to this post, and the ones that will be coming in the next few weeks:

Two days ago, I quit smoking.

To anyone that is a casual or non-smoker, this may not mean much. However I am one of those die-hard addicts that enjoyed every single drag off every single cigarette I ever had. They say that quitting smoking is more difficult than quitting heroin. Well, I don't have a frame of reference for this statement, but I sure as hell wouldn't doubt it. For 19 of my 33 years I have been a smoker - that is a long, long time to be addicted to something.

So forgive me if I am not overly witty, if my writing lacks substance or just plain sucks. I am in a pretty bitchy state of mind right now, one minute I am ok and the next I want to kill/maim/set ablaze anyone or anything. I almost didn't enter the tournament tonight, because I am finding it hard to focus on something for any amount of time.

However - that all said, I must say I had a good time as always, and managed to allow myself to slip into a poker haze for a few hours which is always a good thing.

So, more about the tourney tomorrow, but I will end this with my stats for the night - hardly played a hand the entire night!

You finished in 24th place (eliminated at hand #1444961931).

183 hands played and saw flop:
- 5 times out of 22 while in small blind (22%)
- 4 times out of 22 while in big blind (18%)
- 5 times out of 139 in other positions (3%)
- a total of 14 times out of 183 (7%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 out of 6 (83%)
Pots won without showdown - 10

(Yes, I was playing tight, but just couldn't find a hand in the last half of the game)

Congrats to everyone who played, and especially to everyone who placed!