Thursday, April 07, 2005

Return from the Abyss

Every day for the past ten days I have opened up blogger, gone to the create message page, and closed it within five minutes.

Quite honestly, I just had nothing to say. Nothing that I wanted anyone to read, anyways.

I would then go and open Party, or Stars, or whatever, and sit there for an hour, trying to decide if I should play. I did manage to sit at one table, saw one orbit, dropped down five dollars, and promptly bailed.

However I am happy to report that I seem to have come out of my funk, even if temporarily, and plan on playing some poker over the next few days. Hell, I may even start tonight.

I may even write something poker related on my blog - though I am not promising anything. I don't want to get ahead of myself here. Baby steps.


Quitting smoking update:
Thanks once again to everyone for the support you have sent me through the comments on here and the emails I have received. I am on day 10 now.

When I started the patch, I really thought it was the way to go. Though still hard, the first week was easier than any other time I have tried to quit. However the second week was way, way worse. I think it is because you are going through all the same nasty little withdrawls, and then you realize that you still have some nicotine pumping through your system, though in a very low dosage compared to actually smoking.

I am considering giving up the patch next week, and trying a few days without it. If I feel way worse, I will continue on and complete the program. Really, I just want to be free of the addiction completely so I can move on with my life.

Maudie is completely right in the comment she left me - it is just a matter of sucking it up and moving on.