Monday, June 20, 2005

Thoughts About Charlie

It's not my story. I am not related to this person and have never met him. I have never even met any of his friends. However, the story of Charlie has affected me nonetheless.

If you are reading this and don't know what I am talking about, go read Spaceman to catch up. Charlie is is best friend.

Please take a moment in your day to send some positive vibes, karma, love, wishes, prayers, hope, thoughts (or whatever you want to call it) their way. We all have times in our lives when we need this - right now it is their time.

I think it is outstanding that professional poker players are taking the time out of their day - during the middle of the WSOP - to do so. Marcel Luske, John Juanda, Max Pescatori, and Barry Greenstein are among those that I have read about placing calls to Charlie.

Also, Pauly and Felicia have been the ones spreading the word in Vegas, and I think they need to be recognized for what they are doing. It makes me wish I could be in Vegas helping as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved. I hope you take a minute to do the same today.