Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Traveling, Truckin', and Too Much Beer

I went away this weekend, so I am going to attempt to catch up a bit here.

I have been playing less and less poker at PokerStars, and more at Party. It is still too early to determine which site is going to be more profitable for me in the long run, but I have to admit that I am definitely leaning towards Party at this point. Yeah, yeah, I know that everyone has been saying that all along, but I am stubborn and have to find out on my own. I still prefer MTT's and SNG's at Stars, but I am going to be playing most of my ring games over at Party from now on.

The
WPBT Leaderboard has been updated, and I was happy to see that I am holding strong at 25th place, despite my terrible play at the HORSE tourney.

That said - I didn't play a single hand of poker this weekend. Due to a prior commitment, I was unable to celebrate St. Paddy's day on Thursday, so Friday I made my way to the local Irish Pub and made up for lost time. I am neither Irish nor Catholic, but I think I deserve honorary status based on my bar tab alone. I had to steal one of the coasters from the bar, and am proud to say that I bumped up the number of guinness sold per second quite considerably:


coaster
Posted by Hello

For those that don't know, I worked in a bar for 10 years - from my 20th birthday until I turned 30. This was a very unique place, as most of the staff worked there with me for the entire decade. Not a single holiday, anniversary, or birthday passed without at least twenty of us getting together to celebrate. Three years ago the club changed management, and they let go 90% of the staff. Those of us who were invited to stay on either quit, or in my case, took a leave of absense. I haven't seen most of them in the three years since we ceased working together.

Well - Saturday night it was our head bartender's 50th birthday, so we all met up in Banff (well, Canmore actually - right beside Banff) to party. We had one hell of a time, and I have put some scenery pictures I took on my
photo page. Everytime I go to the mountains I kick myself for not going more often. It is only a 45 minute drive, so I really don't have an excuse.

Finally - I have to throw a little shameless self-promotion into the mix. I made my debut on
Truckin' this month, and am very excited and proud to be a small part of what I believe to be one of the best literary collections available on the internet. If anyone reading this has not yet visited the site, please do yourself a favor and check it out. I write under the name of Julia Vettraino, and welcome any comments either on the Truckin' site or via email. Many thanks again to Pauly, and I hope to be able to contribute more stories in the future.