Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Snow, Reading, and the WSOP

I hate snow.

Yes, I live in Canada.
Yes, it snows here a lot.
No, even after 33 years, it doesn't grow on you.

This past Christmas I received an email from a friend who lives in warmer climes, asking me to send pictures of the snow. I sent a picture of myself with a certain finger raised in the air instead.

It is the middle of March, and we are having a snowstorm. We are going to get at least 6 inches by tomorrow night, and probably even more on the weekend. I could probably handle that, except I know that this is not, by far, the last snowfall of the season. Hell, we get snow in June sometimes. Sigh.

The only good thing I will say about snow is that it makes being stuck inside much more tolerable. I settled in this morning for another supersatellite on Stars. I am working on collecting as many W$ as I can, which can be used to enter any of their WSOP qualifiers.

My initial buy-in on Monday was $2, plus $4 more in re-buy and add-on. I placed in that tournament, and won 33 W$. I played in another today, (using my existing W$ for payment) and won another 33. Seriously, if you aren't doing this, you should be. Those satellites are super-easy to place in, and for $6 real money you have a shot at getting a seat for the main event, $1000 for travel expenses, as well as 9 days accomodation. More news to come on this once I start playing the qualifiers.

I am going to grab a blanket, turn on some music, pour a coffee, and settle in to do some reading today.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Just don't tell me how warm it is there.