Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sleep Wont Come

It is 1:00am. I went to bed an hour ago, but tossed and turned enough that I finally convinced myself I may as well get up for a little while. I can't seem to shut my mind down tonight, even though I have to leave for the airport in less than 4 hours.

I really feel like a kid on Christmas Eve listening for Santa Claus. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something. It's not just that I get to see some of my old friends again, it isn't just because I get to meet some of the newer ones live and in person. It isn't just because I love Las Vegas and really, that alone is enough to keep me awake at night. It is all these things, and so much more, combined.

I will see you all tomorrow night - hope everyone has a safe trip in!

Oh and by the way, congrats to 23skidoo for placing 6th in the 25k at FT tonight! Glad I was awake to see your finish!