Thursday, September 14, 2006

Latest News

Well I am finally back in the swing of things, and am so busy lately I don't know which way to turn next. It is a good kind of busy though, I don't have time to sit around and think about unpleasant things. I've made a return to poker as well, and not only have I been on one of best runs of my life, I am once again playing in the proper frame of mind.

I played five $50 SNG's back to back and cashed in each, including two first place prizes, two seconds, and a third. I then lost one, but proceeded to cash in three more. Last week I placed second in one of the many weekly blogger tournaments and then proceeded to take 7th in the Stars $100 tournament which was good for $875. (I sooo should have colleced the $7k for first place, though.) In between all that I have also returned to playing ring games, mostly NL, and have had an insane run there too. Now I'm planning to get back into the Sunday million tournament again, since I am once again able to really concentrate on the game.

So aside from poker I have been busy doing all kinds of things, including making the cake for my brother's wedding. He is getting married next Saturday, and has asked me to do that as well as to emcee the event. I get to roast him in the process, so this should be a lot of fun. As far as the cake, I was thrilled because cake decoration is among my better skills, but for some reason simply decorating and making icing roses wasn't quite enough. I wanted this cake to be something really fabulous, so late, late at night I have been learning the art of sugar pulling / blowing. If you have ever seen finished pieces, you know it really is quite something - but holy fuck is it hard to do! (Here is where everyone collectively says um, durrrr.) Leave it to me to decide that I want to learn a new skill like that two weeks before the wedding. Afterwards, if I am still able to hold a camera with all the burns on my hands, I'll take a picture of the finished product.

(btw - for some odd reason, my comments are now at the tops of my posts. Don't know why that is happening. Anyone know how I can get them to be at the end of the posts again?)