Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back From an Unplanned Hiatus

I have returned from an unplanned hiatus from blogging, playing poker, and chatting online. Several things came up over the holidays that I had to deal with (nothing bad, just important) which took up a lot more time than expected. Add Christmas and New Years to the mix, and I barely found my way to the computer for two full weeks.

Honestly, I needed the break though. I finally feel refreshed and rested, something I haven't experienced in a long time. The next few months are going to be extremely busy, so I'm glad I was able to just take a little 'me' time.

Our plans to move are in full swing. Right now we are looking into all the legalities and rules involved in making a country-to-country move - a process which is a little less painful than it could me since I used to work for customs brokers and understand that side of the law pretty well. That said - it is still a never-ending stream of information and paperwork that we have to sort through.

Our goal is to move by the end of February - which is 98% pipe dream and 2% realistic at this point, but time will tell. Fortunately, we are both working from home now (the same home, even!) so that is helping to expedite matters. The largest obstacle is selling our house here - so that will pretty much determine our actual moving date.

For now though, I am looking forward to playing a lot of poker. I have really neglected my game over the past few months and it shows. Actually, the only tournaments I have played have been the WPBT and Wil's - so it is time to get back in the game.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year's Eve. See you at the tables!!