Vegas Update, End of April, and other news
April has not been a good month. Quite frankly, I am glad it is almost over. I am really hoping that May shapes up to be better, because I am in need of a good stretch of fortune (and I don't mean the monetary kind, though that would be nice too.)
Well - I am possibly going to be about the only blogger out there in our little world to hold a certain distinction. It is 95% official - I will NOT be going to Vegas in June. I am leaving the 5% open in case a strange twist of fate happens within the next week or so, but at this point you can pretty much count me out. When I know for sure, I will contact CJ and remove my name from the list of attendees and make the next person on the waiting list a happy person indeed.
Why, you may ask? Well, I wish I had a simple answer to that question. I will try to explain, but unfortunately it is hard to describe something that doesn't have one particular reason.
Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that I got married 11 months ago. I have not lived with my husband that entire time, as he has been in Toronto on contract - 1700 miles away. Last fall we decided to put our house up for sale and move there. We met with a realtor, went through all our stuff, and packed everything we didnt use on a day-to-day basis. However we never proceeded past that point. Basically, we both knew that living in Toronto permanently wasn't what either of us wanted, and it didn't make sense to leave Calgary and pull my daughter out of one of the best schools available. (She is currently finishing grade 7 at a Fine Arts school.)
Because he is a computer contractor, we never know where his next job will be, but we really want to make the move south to the States if possible. Specifically, Las Vegas. Now I know what instantly pops into everyone's mind is that we want to move down there for the 24/7 poker, but honestly that isn't the reason. I will admit it is partially for the weather, I am a sun-seeker and would much rather sweat in 104 degree desert heat than live with snow 8 months of the year. The main reason though is just that we simply love Las Vegas. Enough so that we dragged countless numbers of friends and family with us from across the continent to get married there.
He does have a few leads in Vegas for jobs, however the most recent offer has come from Chicago/New York. Basically, my point is - we have no idea where he / us will be living next month, let alone six month down the road. It has become pretty much impossible to plan a trip there when we could be moving at any given time, to anywhere in North America.
I am now trying to decide if I should play in the WPBT tourney on Sunday. If I won that, I would be going to Vegas for sure. Even if I don't win, I certainly don't mind contributing to the prize pool for those that do go. Whether or not I play, I will definitely be on the rail cheering everyone else on.
So, as I said - there is still a 5% chance that I will go. I will update as soon as the decision is finalized one way or the other. If not - I will have to wait for the next blogger invasion to hit Las Vegas. The thought of not going is, quite honestly, devastating to me, but sometimes these decisions are not ours to make.