Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A House is a House

I have officially had it with house hunting.

I drove around today for what I hope is the last time looking at listings, and I think we are ready to make a decision tonight. We keep coming back to the one by the lake, and though it is pricey, it does seem to be the best one available.

I have already mentally placed all my furniture in it - as well as visualized making my espresso in the morning and sitting out on the double deck overlooking the lake. I don't think there are many better ways to start a day than checking email while sitting outside in the midst of mile-high trees and glistening water. There is also plenty of room to host a home game - so if I actually knew 8 or 10 people out here I would be able to play some live poker, too. But I am getting ahead of myself.

If this plan goes through and we take the place, I will probably be staying this weekend and leaving Sunday or Monday to head back to Calgary. To all those that I talked to regarding meeting up along the way - there is still a chance I may darken your doorstep but my route back has changed a bit. There is a possibility that I will be going through/near the following cities: Buffalo, Cleveland, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Minneapolis, Winnipeg and then Calgary. We will see who gets to be the first blogger to meet me in person - I am sure that after driving for days I will be extremely charming lol...

That is it for now. I am going to go do something other than househunt for a change.