Friday, March 04, 2005

WCP, Writing, and the Weekend

Unfortunately, I will not be representing Canada in the World Cup this year. Stolen is my dream of jetting off to London to be filmed live at the final table, competing for my share of the $125k prize pool.

Oh well, C'est la vie.

It was interesting, really. I have never played in a tournament that was strictly heads up competition. I dominated the first player, winning hand after hand. The ironic part was, I actually had good cards most of the time, but I never got to play them becuase he just kept folding. I eliminated him in something like ten minutes. Round two was quite similar, though it took a bit longer. The players to that point were just simply passive. I am pretty disgusted with my play in the third round though. Our starting chips were T6000, and within the first 20 hands I had him down to under T2000. I made a few back-to-back judgement errors which allowed him to tie up the chip count again, and from there I just went straight downhill. I did try sweet talking him into choosing me as the alternate player for the team if he won the competition, but alas, he did not.

I had a blast though, fueled by lager and sweated by
Pauly and AlCantHang. Seriously, does it get any better than this? Drinking, playing poker, and having two men in your corner cheering you on. Dayum. (btw Al - you do have me convinced that I need to go to Vegas, now I just have to make it happen.)

I have been writing a lot lately, (though you wouldn't know it by my lack of posting here) which in general makes me a much happier person. For this, I have to send out thanks to someone for the inspiration and moral support you have given me recently, you know who you are. :) I haven't written much in the past year or so, not due to writer's block per se, just quite simply a total lack of inspiration and motivation. That is one of the reasons I started this blog, so I could commit to getting something, anything down on "paper", regardless of the content. Now, I am barely able to sleep at night because I have so many thoughts going on and I can't get type them out fast enough.

I am going to be somewhat incommunicado this weekend, which is a rarity for someone online as often as I am. I will still be checking emails, etc, but I wont be logging on to the poker sites for two whole days. My hands are shaking even as I say it!

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I will be back Monday.