Friday, November 05, 2004

Home Game!!

On a lighter note, tonight my brother Rod (Bullets in the Hole) is hosting a NLH home game. There will be six of us altogether from what I understand, including Don, also from Bullets in the Hole. Friends, family, poker and beer. What more could one ask for! Should make for some interesting blog material, anyways!

Speaking of beer, I am bringing along some Guinness, which we can conveniently disguise as an excuse to honor Iggy going pro. We will be toasting to you tonight, Iggy! (any excuse to drink beer works for me!)

We try to get together a couple of times a month for a home game, when our schedules allow. Living in the same city, there isn't too much of an excuse, but sometimes life gets in the way. It has recently become increasingly clear to me how important times like these are.

I got married almost six months ago in Las Vegas, to my boyfriend of three years. Since we got married, he, being a computer contractor, was on contract in Edmonton, about three hours North of where we live (Calgary). Two weeks ago, he was relocated to the Toronto area, (2500 km East of here) and my daughter and I will be moving out there within the next couple of months to join him. This is the first time in over 13 years that I will be moving away from my home city, and though I am looking very forward to the change, I will be leaving behind a lot of friends and family.

Thanks to the internet, this is not quite as daunting as it would have been in the past. We can email, instant message, video conference, etc etc. Plus, we can play poker together online. However, nothing beats the home game, and I am looking forward to tonight as it may be one of the last ones for quite some time that we are all (less my husband) able to play together.

Cheers to all, hope everyone has a great weekend, and if you are playing in a home game this weekend, or just hanging out with friends and family, appreciate the time you have with those people.

I know I will.